Friday, November 28, 2008

Itching to Cook!

Now that the appliances are in, I want to cook! Yummm, Christmas candy, cookies, quick breads, not to mention soups and stews, stir fries and fun stuff done on the gas (hurrah!) cook top. Phil's using it to cook eggs in the morning but I've not wanted to move up there to cook until the kitchen feels done. (I did dismantle a turkey on our island this morning though.)

The fridge is nice but, oddly, seems small. It also has an ear piercing alarm for when the door(s) are left open. We don't see a way to turn it down or off.

The dishwasher is very quiet, which we love, but it also seems smaller than our old one.

The garbage disposal in the main sink is in and is ultra-quiet. :0) I also love the prep sink. I'm glad I got a big one because I think I'm going to be using it a lot.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds really super, Danielle. Makes me almost want to get into a kitchen with new fancy stuff and do something. Don't know what I would do other than turn the coffee pot on or make some toast...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully your frig and dishwasher are just better organized and so appear to take up less space. My dishwasher seems huge but that's because there are wide open unusable areas. Maybe the frig alarm is to discourage teenagers? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there is a way to turn off the door alarm, I will figure it out. My microwave now makes NO sounds. I figured out how to disable them all.

    ReplyDelete