Thursday, October 16, 2008

Morphing

I never stopped morphing once I got pregnant. Now with a 3 and 4 year old, I find myself thinking in short, childlike phrases, struggling to remember simple words and evermore frequently realizing how dull my brain and person have become. Ever try to think, read, follow a recipe correctly, do anything but super menial tasks with anyone under 5 around? Is this a complaint? Well, yes. Being a mother is pretty cool but don't let anyone fool you, it does change you and not always in a good way.

1 comment:

  1. And how many times have you read the same bedtime story when you are only yearning to open a book of your own?
    Hang in there; your time will come; not soon maybe, but it will come. Your perseverance will be rewarded when your grownup kids are recommending books to you. In the meantime, making new recipes is a good adult brain exercise. :)

    ReplyDelete